It’s been a very productive week for me, knitting-wise! I managed to finally finish a pair of socks I’ve had on the needles for months, and I started a new cowl and pair of socks and have made decent headway with both! I’ve just realized the new cowl matches my header font… Clearly I love these kinds of reds.
The cowl pattern is my own. I’ve been looking for a crisper, more sophisticated alternative to a lot of the drapey cowl patterns that I keep seeing (not that I don’t love drapey cowls as well!). My style has become much more tailored lately and flowy scarves and cowls don’t fit in as well. Basically, the cowl (or maybe neckwarmer is a better word) is going to be the neck part of a turtleneck sweater, plus a few extra inches in front and back slit up the sides. There’s nothing I hate more than that gap between my shirt and my cowl.
Today was my last day of classes for the semester, so the finals madness is about to begin! I have an eight-hour physics review session tomorrow (that’s right, eight hours straight), so here’s to hoping I survive that!
In other knitting news, I’ve put the Laurel Cardigan aside for now. I’m so easily bored with big projects, unfortunately, and the fact that it’s so big makes it hard to transport (and I do most of my knitting on the go).